October 6, 2010 – Canadian Medical Assistance Teams’ (CMAT) third Primary Health Care Team arrived in Karachi earlier today, and is travelling to work in Pakistan’s flooded region of Sukkur, in interior Sindh province. CMAT’s Primary Health Care team will provide mobile medical clinics for Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camps housing thousands of people, including women and children who would otherwise be unable to access health services.
CMAT Primary Health Care Team 3 members include:
- Rita Jacques, Registered Nurse and Team Leader from Windsor, ON
- Zohair Kaderbhai, Registered Nurse from Vancouver, BC
- Dr. Samina Ali, Physician from Edmonton, AB
- Huma Ali, Medical Resident from Montreal, QC
- Robin Welsford, Primary Care Paramedic from Vancouver, BC
- Mark Wheeler, Registered Nurse from Yarmouth, NS
- Michael Parker, Advanced Care Paramedic from Edmonton, AB
- Beverly Parker, Registered Nurse from Edmonton, AB
- Tricia Mackay, Nurse Practitioner from Ottawa, ON
CMAT Team 3 will be joined by several additional members from our American partner, International Medical Assistance Teams (IMAT). CMAT continues to urgently appeal for donations to support our teams in their efforts to assist the Pakistani people.
To make a donation, please click “donate now” above.
We thank you for your generosity.
Click here to donate now!